This is one of the posts that stayed way too long on The Drafts. This was for my son’s 5th month (remember the no-bake fudgee cake? ) and I got so busy. Well, here it is.
For the ingredients, we need:
1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
1 pack all purpose cream
1/4 cup condensed milk
2 medium sized ripe mangoes
1 tbsp Yellow Mr. Gulaman (unflavored)
- Dissolve 1 tbsp gulaman in 1/4 cup water. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the mangoes. I used this Speedy Chopper from Tupperware to easily make the Mango Puree.
3. In a separate pan, mix 1 cup fresh milk, 1/4 cup condensed milk, 1 pack all purpose and half of the mango puree.
4. On a medium heat, cook the mixture while continuously stirring to avoid burning the bottom. Once already simmering, or smoke starts to rise, pour in 3/4 of the gelatin mix and again stir continuously while pouring. Continue stirring for around 2 minutes more then turn off the heat.
5. Pour in a mold/container. Let it cool for 30 minutes before putting inside the refrigerator.
6. Now put the remaining mango puree in a pan, add 4 tbsp water and 1 tbsp sugar if you want it sweet. Once simmering, add in the remaining gelatin and continue stirring for a minute.
7. Pour on top of the first mixture. Just a reminder, pour it once the bottom layer is already firm or else it will sink. Chill.
I’m actually planning on selling this but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea.
On of these days I might actually start my small business. 🙂